"From Darren/Jodi and Lisa"
Coach Divine, Melanie Sliwka, Greg Amundson, Catherine Divine, Jim Brault and Elizabeth Fulop set a New World Record for the most burpees by a mixed team in 24 hours. They not only broke the record of 14,000, they CRUSHED IT by doing 35,393 burpees! Why? To raise awareness that we lose 22 veterans each day due to posttraumatic stress, and to raise money to help them.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND FOR JOINING US!
HOW TO JOIN!
(Even if you already have a Burpees For Vets fundraising page, please set up a new page specifically for this Veterans Day Burpee Challenge fundraiser)
1. Click on "Start Fundraising".
2. If you haven't done a fundraiser with us before, "Create an account". If you are setting-up a team page, enter your team name rather than your personal name for "First and Last Name". If you already have log in credentials from setting-up another fundraising page with us (ie. Burpees For Vets), log in and change your name to your team name for this event if different from what is there. Select a picture to represent your team or you.
3. Enter your fundraising goal for the Veterans Day Challenge. All the rest of the fields have templates that you can customize to your liking. The description field has a version for teams, and a version for individuals. You can delete the one that doesn't apply. Enter your burpee goal for the challenge. You can always edit these fields after you launch the page as well.
4. Launch your page! There is a tabs up at the top of the page to edit your page. There are also tabs with templates for a "Donor ask" email, social media posts with links to your page and a "Donor thank you" email. Share these templates with your teammates!
5. If you set-up a team page, we will email you with an invitation to enter the "Zoom Gym" to join Coach Divine and TEAM COURAGE! Coach Divine and team will be there for their World Record assault starting at noon Friday November 9 until noon Saturday. You can come in and do burpees when you decide. All you will need is a computer with webcam.
6. If you have any questions or need any help please email! email@example.com